Giving you a chance to see the whole of the countryside in one go! Countryside Live brings together all the best bits of the countryside and 90% of it is under cover so you'll have a great time whatever the weather!
Below are details for 2017 with further details being added on the lead-up to the event.
NEW FOR 2017 - The Yorkshire Vet at Countryside Live
Peter and Julian will be taking to the stage and they've some surprises and treats in store for everyone. They will also be holding some Q and A sessions in the main arena where fans of the show will get to meet us and ask questions. Timetable will be displayed here closer to the event.
NEW FOR 2017 - Channel 5's Milkshake Live Show
Show timetable to be confirmed.
NEW FOR 2017 - Tractor Ted
Come and enjoy plenty of activities with Tractor Ted.
NEW FOR 2017 - Pop Up Pub
Come & soak up the athmosphere at our pop up pub!
NEW FOR 2017 - Vintage Dairy
Find out more about the history of milking and the dairy process.
NEW FOR 2017 - Smithfield Festival of Meat
Competitive classes for Ribs of Beef, Saddles of Lam & Wagu Beef. Tastings will also be available.
Tasting Hub (Hall 1)
Visit the Tasting Hub and Cookery Theatre in Hall 1 and enjoy a host of food & drink activities and demonstrations including:
- Apple Tasting - To celebrate National Apple Day - get the chance to taste and choose your favourite apple from all the varieties on offer.
- Apple Pressing Demonstrations – Taking place at the Cookery Theatre with the opportunity to taste the juice fresh off the press!
- Beer Tasting – Sample a variety of Yorkshire beers and see which is your favourite with beer experts from Bier Huis.
- Learn about the Barley to Beer Process with local brewer Isaac Poad
- Cider Tasting – Orchards of Husthwaite will tell you the story of their cider making, with samples available to try as you listen
- Cheese Tasting – Learn about the many varieties of cheeses produced here in Yorkshire, trying samples as the experts take you on a journey of cheese!
- We have a taste sensation for your taste buds with granola, muesli and a range of cordials to sample from Side Oven Yorkshire Bakery
- Wine Tasting – Ryedale Vineyards, will talk to you about their farming methods and harvesting done by hand and most importantly their award winning wines and trying them!
- Tea Tasting – Welcoming you to a proper cup of tea, the tea experts at Birdhouse Tea Company will mesmerize you with their amazing tea range
- Honey Tasting - Denholme Gate Honey produce the finest quality, pure, raw honey from the varied flowers of the Yorkshire countryside. ‘Bee’ inspired by the beekeepers story and enjoy sampling the honey
- Taste the finest cold pressed Yorkshire Rapeseed Oils all produced using seed grown and cold pressed on the chalky soil of the Yorkshire Wolds.
- Watch the skills of the Cooper from Theakston Brewery making casks right in front of your eyes
It's fast & furious! Watch the dog agility teams put their skills to the test - great family entertainment!
Come & watch our favourite Yorkshire chefs create some very tasty dishes.
A chance to meet these amazing animals.
Sheepdog & Duck Display
Showing the training of a working sheepdog, including duck herding & plenty of audience participation!
Competitive classes for Rabbits return to Countryside Live (Saturday only).
Something for the children to enjoy! £3 per ride
So popular we had to invite them back....again! Join in the fun and cheer on your favourite ferret!
Create & Explore
A fantastic area for the children to explore - with many hands-on activities that they can enjoy from felt-making to wax candle creations, bread and sausage making, willow-weaving and more, the children will be entertained all day long!
Northern Show Cross Series Final
Countryside Live is delighted to host the final of the Northern Show Cross Series final. Show Cross consists of a round of showjumping, followed by a round of cross country jumps to be completed clear in the fastest time. The competition will take place in the main ring on Saturday and Sunday. There are four classes running across 11 qualifying competitions between April and September.
Diggerland Experience - BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND – AGAIN!!!
Come and try out your skills on some of the Diggerland machines! £2 per go or £3 if you choose to go on both rides (diggers & dump trucks)
A great opportunity to have a go at climbing - £4 per person.
Experience the site, sounds and smells of this traditional, but essential skill.
Talented Show Jumper Competition
Entries from around the Country will compete to win the coveted title of Talented Show Jumper.
Have a Go: Archery
Time to get hands-on with a country past-times: Archery. Try your hand at being "Robin Hood" and strike a bullseye in our have a go Archery. £3 a go.
Equine Classes - Ridden
With a dedicated equine ring you can watch horses and ponies all day long! We've a selection of ridden classes plus working hunter classes. We're proud that the Mountain & Moorland Ridden Section are once again Olympia qualifiers.
Come and see & find out more about some of Britains rare native breeds.
Tug of War (Sunday only)
Come & cheer on your favourite team!
Birds of Prey Demonstrations
Ben Potter will be joining the line-up at Countryside Live with his amazing birds of prey demonstration. A static display of birds will also be available to see.
Cattle & Sheep
Countryside Live aims to be Yorkshire's premier fatstock event in the autumn - you can see the best quality cattle and sheep in their dedicated rings on both days of the Show.
Countryside Live provides a great opportunity to bag some early Christmas gifts with some fantastic trade stands for you to peruse!
Pigeons & Poultry
On Saturday see a selection of fancy fowl in our Pigeon Pavilion and on Sunday view pretty poultry in the Poultry Pavilion.
Selling a wide range of products including cupcakes, confectionary, preserves and pork pies.
Fruit, Vegetable and Flower Show
Knaresborough Horticultural Society return to Countryside Live once again with their Autumn Show - a great display from this local society is sure to impress!
Take a look at the competitive classes produced by Yorkshire Beekeepers.